Want to find a place where you know you are a valuable part of a team every day and make a difference?
Would you like to be compensated on your ability to perform and have flexibility in your day?
American Medical Transit is a company that offers Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) to those individuals that need assistance to get to and from their doctor and treatment appointments.
This job is unique in that you are allowed to care for those that need your skills and we will value your commitment to the care and safety of others.
We believe our team is the most important part of the success of each ride and each life we touch.
Now hiring drivers with flexible schedules and hours.
American Medical Transit is committed to providing a non-discriminatory equal opportunity employment environment for its employees and clients.
Please email us at email@example.com to find out if this is a team you want to grow with.
American Medical Transit
We get you …Safely There
Job Description Driver NEMT
(Non-Emergency Medical Transportation)
AMT is an industry leader in providing Non-Emergency Medical Transport Services, also known as NEMT. Non-Emergency Medical Transport implies that an individual is medically stable and does not require or receive medical attention or services during transport.
- Operate NEMT (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation) vehicle in a safe manner.
- Pick-up and drop-off assigned passengers as scheduled
- Assists passengers entering and exiting vehicles
- Properly operates wheelchair lift equipped vehicles
- Follows all vehicle and passenger safety rules and regulations
- Complete a daily inspection of assigned vehicle at the start of each shift
- Cleans and services vehicles with fuel and lubricants.
- Brings van in for scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Advises Manager of any supply needs, mechanical issues (trip-check sheet) and any
- significant events with regards to scheduling or clients
- Report any incidents regarding clients immediately to Manager
- Must have the ability to work well with co-workers and the public
- Must display effective diplomatic written and verbal communication skills
- Function individually and as part of a team with the goal of customer satisfaction
- The ability to utilize smart phone or tablet company workflow system
- The ability to utilize maps (or GPS Navigation) to locate pick up and drop off points
- Perform assigned daily assignments in a professional, safe, courteous and helpful manner
- Properly complete all paperwork required for transportation services rendered
- Complete all assigned duties in a professional and timely manner
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, maturity, work commitment and adaptability
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Driver has an appropriate current and valid, unrestricted State of Oregon driver’s license, or equivalent, as defined in ORS Chapter 807 and OAR Chapter 735, Division 062.
- Driver has a clean DMV driving record
- Must be able to pass a thorough criminal background and drug screen
- Must be flexible to work a variety of work schedules/hours
- Ability to follow instructions
- Driver reads and speaks fluent English
- Drivers shall wear company provided uniform shirts while driving clients
- Drivers shall wear identification badge in a conspicuous place at all times while driving clients
- Must be willing and able to travel within assigned region in all weather conditions
- Driver is familiar with the geographic area in which they will be providing service
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Employees assigned to stretcher runs must have the ability to lift and transfer clients
- Must be able to work · extended shift hours
- Frequent speaking, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching and bending
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to go up and down stairs
- DMV & Criminal History Verification Statement
- Confidentiality Statement
- Code of Professional Conduct
- National Safety Council Defensive Driving course, or an equivalent, within three (3) months of date of hire, and every three years thereafter.
- First Aid training, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and blood spill procedures within three (3) months of date of hire, and every two years thereafter.
- Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) certification within three (3) months of date of hire, and every three years thereafter.
- Security and Confidentiality Training, including HIPAA requirements, to ensure driver understands any information relating to OHP clients while transporting clients and their care providers, is confidential, it is to be safeguarded and disclosed only to authorized persons/entities.